Burnout aka Adrenal Fatigue is more common now than ever before. I truly believe that every other female has experienced burnout or some form of emotional breakdown in their lifetime.
What is adrenal fatigue?
The adrenal glands are endocrine glands that sit on top of the kidneys. They release cortisol and adrenaline at times of stress.
When you have significant amounts of stress over a long period of time and you do not wind down and recover from that stressor this puts a huge burden on your adrenal glands. If more stress is added to the equation then eventually your adrenals will stop producing these two hormones and you will end up tired and exhausted.
Burnout is the inability to cope with life stressors and as a result your body goes into safety mode.
How do you know you have it?
The Top 5 Most Common Signs Are:
- You’re extremely exhausted all the time.
- After a good nights’ sleep you still feel tired.
- You’ve lost your drive and motivation.
- You experience severe energy slumps throughout the day.
- You constantly crave caffeine and sugar to keep you going.
If you feel like you are burning the candle at both ends and worried that you are experience these symptoms.
Here my top 5 recovery tips:
- Balance your blood sugar levels to keep energy consistent throughout the day.
- Sleep at least 8 hours per night.
- Set boundaries so that you don’t over do it or expend too much energy.
- Take targeted supplements to replenish the low reserves you may have.
- Ask for help and get support from friends and loved ones.